Thursday, February 15, 2018

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR?

THE SON TIMES
The Gateway Gospel of Destiny


What Matters in Your Life an occasional column by Marc Yul Angelou

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR?



Dateline: Capernaum, February 11, 2018, 09:02:10--Following the great Son and Fun beach party of the year and the exhibition of the new man-thong swim suit, Jesse Benjo seemed to disappear. Last seen leaving the parking lot of the festivities chased by a flock of pigeons reminiscent of Hitchcock’s movie, The Birds, Benjo went underground. Now after almost six weeks of seclusion, Benjo is back and talking about his future.


In an exclusive interview, this reporter reveals what Benjo describes as a life-changing event and a new direction for this exotically popular fashion model.

Following a tip on Benjo’s whereabouts, I caught up with him at a local Cosmic Crossroads Coffee bar across the street from the courthouse where friend and promoter John Dunker was arraigned on charges of regis-slander and character assassination. After a preliminary hearing, Dunker has been bound over for trial without bail.

Sitting together with Double-Down Divine Cosmic cappuccinos, I asked Benjo to tell me where he had been and to tell me a little more about his relationship with Dunker. I was also curious about the charges brought against Dunker and what that might mean for Benjo’s future.

With that mega-watt smile that has been his modelling signature, Benjo said, “Call me Jesse.” And that was the beginning of an afternoon that will be long remembered. The following is a record of the highlights of our time together.

“Where should I begin? Well, you know that John has always been there for me since the beginning. We got together because our parents had some old ties from the neighborhood they grew up in, so we always knew of one another, but later in life our parents moved because of jobs and life in general. Still, they got together with friends and family during the holidays. At those times John and I hung out together because we were about the same age.

“A few years ago, John started doing this promotion thing, and I got a catalog offer for modelling. John seemed to understand what my career could be, and so he got in touch with me asking to represent me. I thought, ‘Why not?’ The rest, you pretty much know.

“John has always been interested in politics, and we talk about it a lot, but nobody paid us much attention until recently.

“John thinks that the moral fiber of our society is rotting away. He thinks that the leadership of our nation is debased, and that power and greed are all that concern our government. He is nostalgic about the days of the republic before the empire. He thinks, and I agree, that the ideals of the republic to serve the public, not just the titled wealthy, is something to reconsider. And now, lately, John has been getting more vocal about his thoughts and presentiments.

“Just before the big beach party, John was interviewed and asked what he thought about the morals of our society. He said something like, ‘The moral fabric of our society is following the national leadership. How can you expect the people to live moral and upright lives when our governmental leaders have no ethics? Just look at Herod’s behavior. He seduces his brother’s wife, cuckolds him, causes a divorce, and then brings her into his household while making eyes at her daughter, her daughter, for crying out loud. Something ugly is going to come out of that situation. Bet on it.’

“That started any number of trumped up charges that John was not allowed to refute, and so now he is in jail, and I have no idea what is going to come of it.

“That night when I was standing out in the water trying to figure out how to get past the cameras with some dignity left me, with nothing to cover me after the thong floated away on the current, John came out with his jacket. He’s always been such a good friend.

“Then suddenly there was that roaring in the sky, and the flock of pigeons falling. I just stood there and thought, ‘What the heck am I doing here?’ It was like the insanity of life just appeared before me, and I had a good look at what I was doing. I mean, I was concerned about coming out of the water with nothing on, as naked as the day I was born, when I had been walking around all day styling the man-thong thing which was not more than a cod piece, and I was worried about nudity?

“There comes a time when one has to really take an accounting of what you want to be remembered for. I decided it was not going to be swim suits. And then this inner voice seemed to call out to me, and I got this great inner peace.

“For the past several weeks I have been wandering around in a vacuum, tempted to go in different directions but each of them seemed as meaningless as swim suit model. I have needed to face my own beast and demons, but there have also been some good angels on my shoulder who have served me well as I began to consider where I am going in the future.

"Today, I think I have found something that is meaningful. I have found peace in myself, and there is some good news in that by itself, but I think I also have some good news to share with my fan base. I think that I am not going to follow in John’s steps, so much as I am going to raise the bar and talk to the best that people can be rather than wallow in the depravity of our world. God knows, there are more than enough demons that we as a society need to exorcise, and none of them are leaving unless someone calls them out.

“There is also the inequality of the world we live in; that is something that needs to be addressed. I hope to speak to the dreamers of the world who are presently living in fear to encourage them to stand in the light, to be counted, and to demand the justice they deserve. We need to find wholeness and healing in order to repair the rent in our social fabric.

“Understand, I am new at this advocacy thing, but I think I can make a difference. Only time will tell what that difference might be.”

After too many cups of Double-Down Divine Cosmics, I thanked Jesse for his time and came away wondering whether Jesse Benjo, who has experienced this new life-changing transformation, can really make the difference for the world he envisions. Stay connected to The Son Times for the latest developments in "What Matters in Your Life".

No comments:

Post a Comment