Thursday, March 1, 2018

SignPost Thursday to Sunday, Week 3—I See the Moon

Psalm 19

Once upon a time, in a lifetime long ago, when the speed limit signs said 65 MPH by day and 55 MPH by night; when ambient light from the nearby town was not an issue in the country and air pollution was something that occurred in Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, and London, nestled in blankets in the backseat play area of our old Nash, I rode home late one night looking out at midnight blue sky with thousands of stars in the sky.

I had been told that my daddy lived up there with Jesus now, and I wondered which one of those stars was my daddy’s home. With the deep thoughts of a child, I wondered what it would be like to live there, only coming out at night, and I wondered who I would be if I weren’t me.

As I deliberated on these weighty issues, my mom said, “Oh look, the moon is rising. Let’s sing the song.”

I see the moon, and the moon sees me.
The moon sees someone that I’d like to see.
God bless the moon, and God bless me.
God bless the someone that I’d like to see.

I had a heart, and it was true.
I gave my heart from me to you.
Take care of it, as I would have done.
For now, you have two, and I have none.

I looked out at the rising moon and the brilliantly shining stars and said, “’Night, daddy,” and I went to sleep.

Prayer
Lord, your ways are a mystery to us; your ways confound us. We can only marvel at your handiwork and rest secure in your loving arms. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment