Monday, March 19, 2018

SignPost Sunday to Wednesday, Week 5—Shakey’s

Psalm 119:9-16

One night a friend and I went out to Shakey’s for pizza and beer. We were young and not mindful of our limitations. At the end of the evening, we had over consumed. My friend was clearly not able to drive, and I couldn’t. Not really knowing what else to do, I called the sheriff’s department. I told them, “My friend is blind drunk, and I am just blind. Could you help?”

About twenty minutes later, a sheriff’s car arrived. The deputies were very polite. One of them drove my friend’s car home, and the other put both of us in the back of their car and took us home. Even though they commended us for not driving, they felt necessary to wake our parents to inform them of our condition.

We were home safe, and we were grounded.

Prayer
Lord, in your wisdom you give statutes for living together in safety. Help us always to know your ways so that we might consider the safety of others and act in responsible ways. When we stray, may we find correction with mercy. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment