Sunday, January 28, 2018

CONFRONTATION IN CAPERNAUM

THE SON TIMES
The Gateway Gospel of Destiny

CONFRONTATION IN CAPERNAUM

by Marc Yul Angelou
Dateline: Capernaum, January 28, 2018, 01:21:28--Popularity of Jesse Benjo has been on the rise ever since the beach party held six weeks ago. Today his notoriety gave way to open debate in a confrontation of rhetorical powers. In a Capernaum synagogue, Jesse was teaching about new ways of living in a world of discontent.

Suddenly a man, who was noticeably agitated, stood up to challenge him crying “What do you know about our lives? You come here as an outsider claiming that you have a better way to live and then when you are done you move on leaving us to fend for ourselves. Are you trying to destroy us? Are you trying to overthrow the government? Are you going to give us a better tax plan? Will you make our world safer than it’s been? I’ve seen your kind many times before. You come and raise Cain, and then, when the times get tough, you walk away.”

Jesse responded to the challenge by saying, “I have listened to you, now it is your turn to listen to me. You can’t do that listening when you are talking.

“I have not come to talk and leave you in the lurch. I am prepared to go to the mat for you.

“We need better health care, higher wages, a way to care for the widows, the orphans, who dream of a better life, and a comprehensive plan to welcome the strangers. This is what I stand for, and, although I am not sure that we will get it immediately, I am saying, we will ultimately prevail, or I will die trying.

“I have not come to overthrow the government, I hope to reform it. I can’t give you higher wages, but together we can work for higher wages. Taxes are always going to be levied by those who have the least trouble paying them, but there are some things we can do together to let those in power know how we feel.

“And safety? We will only know greater safety and peace in the world when we learn to make more friends than enemies. The only ones who profit from a show of weapons are the companies that manufacture the weapons. No one considers the sacrifice of lives that these weapons will demand. Once the weapons are used, the result is death and destruction. I am about life, not death.

“And so, my friend, I invite you to join me in finding a better way to live.”

That man promptly got up and left.

It is not known at this time what the long-range effects of this debate will be, but it would appear that future confrontations are bound to occur. For the fullest coverage of this and other issues in our world today, visit us on the street with the Son Times or on the web for instant news.

No comments:

Post a Comment